I haven’t disappeared. Still working on writing out my experiences earlier this year — a sort of catch up.
That said, there have been some changes in my life — notably that:
- After eight years of working at a national not-for-profit organization, I’ve moved on to a new job. Don’t worry, still exploring life and data.
- I no longer have the flexibility and the resources to tackle the remainder of the Bruce Trail at this time — so my friends are going to continue it with out me. Part of me is saddened by this reality as I really wanted to finish it but there’s no way around this for now. I hope to continue and finish it in the future.
- With the change in resources and budget, I’m now directing more attention to exploring with the bicycle — I haven’t decided yet how to integrate that into this website yet so it currently sits on a separate website here.
Some upcoming stuff or longer-term goals:
- I’ll be taking a few fun road trips locally and through the north-eastern US. One of my goals is to do some hiking in Acadia National Park in August. I know, it is tourist season but I had planned the trip when I was in my old job.
- The cycling is tied to my goal of tackling the 500km Greenbelt Route here in Ontario next year. Probably around the summer or autumn of 2017.
- I really am enjoying cloudspotting so I’m probably going to delve further into that at some point but I’m not sure what to do as of yet.
Thanks again for visiting and stay tuned for more — feel free to reach out on Instagram where I’m probably the most active.
If you have questions for me, feel free to ask.